Alright, so it has been exactly two years and one day since I last posted on our blog. That is truly pathetic.....
What's my excuse? Oh, there are plenty to choose from....
But honestly, life just keeps trucking on, and with three girls that are somewhat spread apart in age, there just never seems to be enough time for "extra stuff ". That is also the reason for "reviving" our blog (with new name and new look). Our family website along with the blog was just too much to keep up and I decided to consolidate. The website is no more and all our news, pictures, and videos will now be found here (and I will still be around on Facebook, too).
What has happened with us in the meantime? Oh boy, let me see if I can sum it up a little.
Of course the girls have gotten two years older (while Larry and I have not aged one bit, lol ;) ....), Desiree is now 16, almost 17, Renee is 12, and Katharina is 5.
Last year in May I took a quick 8-day trip to Germany all by myself to be there for my mom and dad's 70th birthday celebration. Then during the summer, Desiree went to Germany by herself for 3 weeks and traveled around to Berlin, Paris, and Brussels, with my parents. Then, just a few weeks ago, we were able to take another family trip over there. All five of us! It was very special and we had a wonderful time with my parents and lots of family and friends. I am working on the album pages now and will post them when I get caught up on this blog revival.
Another big event last year was that Kat started Kindergarten!! My baby is already in school and after this summer break will be a first grader. Gasp! How will I ever handle all of this...
But oh, it's all good, because since January of this year, Desiree has her very own driver's license and can drive herself everywhere....one less thing to worry about right??? Haha.... right.... it's kind of scary at first when your child grabs the keys and says: "I'm going to school!", or "I'm meeting my friends at the movies!"
It sure took some getting used to, and I think I'm still adjusting. But so far she has been very responsible with her new found freedom and I hope it stays that way. This coming school year is also Desiree's last year of high school and she will graduate on June 16th, 2012.
Renee has also had some changes since my last post. Her foot has long recovered from that thorn that made its way through her toenail (topic of my final post in 2009), and she also decided to quit gymnastics. After trying swimming for a short time, she has, for now, settled for jazz dance. She is not sure yet how much she really likes it, but we will see. Renee has grown up so much, and she will be in 7th grade this year.
Not much has changed with Larry and I. He still works in IT and in his free time keeps up the house, yard, and his "special projects". The latest has something to do with "creating electricty" or something like that?.... that's all I get when he tells me about it. Maybe I'll have him post a little about that sometime.
Kat and Renee still attend the same charter school, so I still home school them some days of the week and they go to school on the other days. I still love my digital scrapbooking and wish I had more time for it.
So, there it is, a recap of the "missing two years" and an update of what we are up to now.
I will keep you posted....
:) Ulrike
No comments:
Post a Comment