Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Digital Layouts --- Germany 2008 --- Part I

Larry's next post will be about the bathroom plumbing part of his grey water recycling system, so I thought I better put up something fun -- vacation pictures!
Most likely Larry will tell you how we were enjoying ourselves in Germany while he labored away on our bathrooms.... unfortunately he has pictures to prove it... so I won't argue, but really, what choice did we have? :-)

Larry had to rip out both bathrooms at the same time, so he could modify the plumbing in the shared wall between the rooms. Living in a house with 5 people and not having a toilet, shower, or bath available was just not an option. And what better place to wait out the remodel than in Germany with my parents?????
Of course, we own a self contained travel trailer that could have been put in our front yard during the worst of the remodel and things would have been OK, but on the other hand...
Hhmmmm... Germany -- Camper -- Germany --Camper... I think I'll pick Germany...
I thought you would agree with me....

Well, actually, Larry was supposed to come along on the trip, but then he changed jobs in January '08 and did not have enough vacation time. So he stayed home and used our absence to get the bathrooms finished and that's why you won't see him in any of the following pictures.

So we left on June 16, 2008 on a 10 hour flight from LAX to Düsseldorf, where my parents and my sister-in-law, Jutta, picked us up. The following scrapbook pages are the first part of a digital scrapbook I'm putting together about our vacation in Germany last year. It is still a work in progress, so I will share more pages as they are completed. Enjoy!!!
:-) Ulrike
P.S. The picture will enlarge if you click on them. Just use the back button in your browser to return to this post.









No comments:

Post a Comment