On Sunday afternoon, Toolman left his family behind in order to go on a motorcycle ride with his little brother. Back at the house, boredom set in quickly, and my two younger daughters started their usual bickering back and forth that always comes hand in hand with boredom. And I had soooo been looking forward to a quiet afternoon, to play around with my camera for a little while.
But eventually, Renee and Kat got tired of their fighting and asked if I could take them down to the playground of the nearby elementary school. They love the various play equipement there, as it is a nice change from what they have every day in our backyard.
It's not my favorite thing to do, but what choice did I have? Continue to listen to their cackeling back and forth is also not high on my list of favorite things to do.
After all, maybe this could be a win - win.... they get to play and I get to try out some more settings on my camera..... yeah!!! OK, lets go!!!
It was actually pretty fun. The girls had a great time and for the first time I saw Kat successfully master the monkey bars... ALL BY HERSELF....
"My bad," though, for not taking pictures of her doing it. But, oh well, here are some of the pictures I did snap:
Sunday Afternoon on the Playground.... Enjoy!!!








Oh yeah, this was really cute... there was another little girl in the playground, about a year or so younger than Kat. I had put my purse and camera bag down so I could take some more pictures. This little girl kept digging in my purse.... looking for gum.... even after I told her that I had no gum in there. Kat did not like that one bit. So she decided to SIT on my bags and guard them from any harrasment that little girl might have had in mind. Doesn't she look serious? Who needs a watchdog when we have Kat??
And then it was time to go home again....
but at least they got rid of enough extra energy and they were able to get along again....
at least for a while...
Smiles,:-) Ulrike






Great pics of the girls.
ReplyDelete